We are at the time of the season where Muskie fishing is at it’s best! The late spring and cool summer have helped to keep the lake temps below average which is keeping a lot of BIG fish hanging around in shallower waters.
Keep and eye open here for more reports soon as we have a full camp of extremely great fisherman and women all the way until when we close up camp at the end of Sept. Until then, we’d like to share a little bit the awesome show that goes on here on Rowan lake….from our backyard to yours!
p.s. We have two Fishing TV production crews coming into camp in the next couple of weeks.
- Steve Pennaz with Lake Commandos
- What happens when two expert anglers are dumped on an unfamiliar body of water, each with a goal to catch the most fish? That’s NO PREFISHING on Unfamiliar water. We call it Going Commando. Steve will go up against Pete Palony from Berkley Fishing in search of those giant Rowan Lake Muskies!
- Steve Pennaz is one of the most trusted voices in fishing. From 1988 until 2012, he lead communications for the North American Fishing Club, including North American Fisherman magazine, fishingclub.com and the club’s daily enewsletter Fishin’ Informer. He’s also hosted several television series, including North American Outdoors , North American Fisherman , and Fishing Club Journal . Pennaz launched Knot Wars, now a successful app on iPhone and Droid. He excels at finding and catching fish on new waters, a skill that now drives Lake Commandos.
- Jeremy Wade with River Monsters
- Jeremy travels around the globe in search of the most fearsome freshwater fish. Looking for clues, eye witnesses and stories about people who personally experience these vicious predators, he tries to catch the biggest specimens and then release it back to the wild. Stay tuned as Jeremy goes in search of the World Record Muskie here in Rowan Lake!